Monday, December 29, 2014

Desperation

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Or at least, that's what they say. So far I haven't been very successful with my desperate measures.

I made all of 90 cents on bottles the other night. Today I'm trying a new tactic. Offering to count worms.

That's what I mean by desperate measures. 

I was reading an article a while back on how to make a little extra money on the side. Things like bartending, cab driving, and selling your clothing were high on the list. I don't know anything about alcohol, I don't have a fancy license, and I'm trying to rebuild my wardrobe after coming back from the convent, so these were all duds. But then, I saw something extremely unique and somewhat possible. Getting paid to count worms. That's right. Getting paid to relive your childhood and play in dirt. Awesome. 

So I resolved that on Monday (today) I would call around to find a place to count worms. So far, not so good. 

I found a couple of places thus far that sell bait. I googled for their numbers and I gave each a call. The conversation was short, but very awkward. 

Me *Calls wormy place*
Wormy Guy *answers phone*
Me "Are you still selling worms?"
Wormy Guy "Yes."
Me: "Are you in need of anyone to count the worms?"
Wormy Guy "Uhhh no."

I feel like I'm prank calling. Is your refrigerator running? 

The best one yet has to be Haber's Export Agencies, which a friend recommended to me. Little did we know that it was actually a pet training business... The conversation that ensued, albeit short, is hilarious.
  

I'm so glad I recorded this one. This is the definition of awkward.

I think I'll just stick to selling my books... Please help.

So if you hear of any good job openings (preferably that don't involve worms) in Albany, please let me know. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment