Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Visiting the Sisters









Last week, my best friend Michael and I took a mini road trip to visit the Sisters and to meet up with some friends (@CatholicKnight3 and @CatholicDame3) we met through Twitter. We got up bright and early Thursday (1/8) morning and headed out to the good ole Bay State. It was neat retracing my steps back to my old home, and stepping into the Chapel again was breathtaking, especially because of the Christmas decorations.

Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel
Vespers

St. Elizabeth's Convent


Doesn't that just take your breath away?

So we went to morning Mass with our friends from Twitter, and then were given breakfast and a tour of the Monastery by Sr. Christopher Margaret. Following our tour we decided that we were (still) hungry and went to a little diner and got lunch and talked for what felt like hours!

After many a dirty look from the wait staff we decided we had been there too long and went to sit in the car for a while and figure out, what next? 

The thinking cap...

We wandered around the mall for a while, and then split up as they had to get home. Michael and I went back to the Monastery for Rosary and said goodbye to the Sisters.

Michael and I then met a friend of mine from the Center, Catherine Adair, for dinner. If you're not familiar with Catherine, you should be. She is an incredible, inspiring woman who has an amazing story to tell. She is now a Pro-Life Speaker and her testimony is extremely moving. We had a great time chatting with her over dinner. Following dinner, Michael and I headed back home to the good Capital Region.

Our trip was short but it was really great to see the Sisters and meet up with some friends. The Convent is beautiful as always and even though I'm not in Formation there anymore, I'm really glad I was able to visit and see the Christmas decorations and greet the Sisters.


Cheers, Massachusetts. I'm proud to say I lived 
in such a glorious State for all of 2 months.

Please forgive any vulgarity towards the end 
of this HILARIOUS video. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Kylie!!! I can't believe you're blogging now!!!! I watched your videos before you entered the convent, and now I'm vlogging and blogging too!!! I'm kind of freaking out right now because I used to love your videos soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much for your comment! Yes I am blogging more now that I've left the Convent (I had a blog before, speakswithwisdom.blogspot.com) and I really like it!
      Thanks so much for watching my videos! I don't think I'll return to making videos (at least not yet!) but I'm glad you enjoyed them while they were up!
      Thanks for reading and I look forward to talking to you more!
      God bless!!
      ~Kylie

      Delete