Thursday, September 17, 2015

FUZZBUTTS and other developments

Hello!

So I'm all moved into my new apartment in Albany! I love it! The location is perfect and the apartment is great! I love being able to decorate on my own and take care of myself. When I was furniture hunting I did my best to be frugal. In total I think I spent less than $300 on all my furniture.

One of the most exciting parts was redoing the kitchen table (accompanied by 3 chairs) that I got off of Craigslist for $40. It started out like this:



and I sanded it down, primed it, and painted it. 





Now it looks like this!




My bedroom is my pride and joy. Every girl's Pinterest has to have a bedroom design featuring fluffy bedding and fluffy rugs. And I made my dream come true.

I got my bed (that includes mattress, box spring, and frame) for $60. It's in perfect condition. The coffee table I have at the foot of my bed I got for just $3. I think my bedside table was only $20. Although not pictured, I got a gorgeous dresser (the only piece of furniture I got from a store!) from TOPS Furniture in Hudson Falls for only $95. Also not pictured is a standing jewelry cabinet that I got on Craigslist for $25.





~000~

I have always wanted ferrets. As a kid we had lots of pets. Guinea pigs, dogs, cats, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, fish... But Mom would never let me get a ferret for some reason.

About a week after I moved in, I wandered into PetCo. It just so happens that that weekend they were having a sale on ferrets - 50% off! I fell in love with a cinnamon ferret and I took her home! I got her a multi-level cage and all sorts of treats and toys. I named her Adelaide (Addie for short).

(here she is asleep because it's the only way 
I can get a picture of her that's not blurry)

wookit da fangs

So a week and a half goes by, and I'm dying for another ferret. I swear, they're addicting. So I started to call around to see who had ferrets for sale. They're rather expensive from stores like PetCo, so I preferred to rescue one from a shelter. I called all the shelters in the Capital Region. Not a one had a ferret. I decided to call one back and ask to be notified if any do come in. I called on Tuesday and left a message on their answering machine. While in the waiting room at the doctor's the next morning, my phone rang. It was the humane society! Ironically, four ferrets had been surrendered to them the previous day. I informed them with glee that I would be in later to look and possibly adopt one.

With excitement, a friend and I drove to the humane society, and looked at the ferrets. I fell in love (uhgain) with a sable mask ferret already named Rufus. I paid my $50 adoption fee and we were on our way.



Surprisingly, Addie and Rufus got along really well right away! I put them together in a completely different cage (again, obtained off of Craigslist that very day) and they hit it off. Automatically friends.

snuggle buddies!


So that's what's going on in my life lately. Fuzzbutts and moving. It's a happy life down in Albany so far. I look forward to meeting lots of new people and growing as a person. It's good to be free.


No comments:

Post a Comment